August 2018 – “ANOTHER WORLD” – Harlin Museum’s Digital Art Show & Competition

2018 Digital Art Show & Competition at Harlin Museum
“ANOTHER WORLD” – 2018 Digital Art Show & Competition at Harlin Museum, West Plains, MO

The Harlin Museum Board, along with local sponsors, invite you to participate in our *FIRST-EVER* Digital Art Show & Competition!

Digital art is an artistic work or practice that uses digital technology as an essential part of the creative or presentation process. Since the 1970s, various names have been used to describe the process, including computer art and multimedia art. Digitally-enhanced photographs are not included in this genre.

*****************************************************************************

Theme: “Another World”

Categories: 1) Still Art  &  2) Animated Art

Entry Dates: Friday & Saturday, July 27th & July 28th, 2018 from 12 noon to 4pm each day.

Entry Fee: 1 piece of artwork -$10.00 / 2 pieces – $15.00 / 3 pieces – $20.00 / 4 pieces – $25.00 / 5th piece – free entry

PRIZES:
Best of Show – $100.00
1st Place per category – $75.00
2nd Place per category – $50.00
3rd Place per category – $25.00

Guidelines: Artists are allowed to enter a maximum of 5 pieces for judging. All digital art must be the original work of the artist entering. All works must not have been previously exhibited at the Harlin Museum. Printed pieces must be no smaller than 8″x10″. All artwork must be matted and backed to be hung by Velcro. Artwork which is framed under glass must be ready with wire and eye-screws for hanging. ***NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS***

All animated art must be submitted in an acceptable format compatible with Windows programs, such as .mov and .mp4 files. Animated artwork will be displayed via projector. Any art submitted via USB or other storage device will be returned to the artist after the Awards Presentation on Saturday, August 25th, 2018.

Artists may offer their artwork for sale. 20% of the sales price goes to the Harlin Museum; artists receive the other 80%. Proceeds from the show, after expenses, will go towards the maintenance and future support of the Harlin Museum & it’s permanent collection.

Reception: The artists’ meet & greet and Award’s Presentation will be held Saturday, August 25th, 2018 at 2pm.. Artists will be presented their ribbons & prize money at the reception. Artwork will then be released for pickup from 3pm – 4pm the same day. Artwork may also be picked up the following week.

We look forward to seeing what you have for us!

Points of Contact:
Gladys Morris; gmorris@centurylink.net, 417-255-0920
Jaxson Priest, jaxsonp10@gmail.com, 417-293-5992
Vicki Warren-Martin, harlin.museum.wp@gmail.com, 870-706-7863

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *