We are pleased to finally announce the place-winning entries in our 48th Annual Fall Art Show!
Out of a total of 56 entries–hailing from artists located all over the Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas parts of the Ozarks–our three judges awarded a combined total of 19 honors in the Adult Divisions of Novice and Advanced, as well as the top honor of Best of Show and each individual judge’s Favorite Pick.
And the winners are……
Best Of Show
“Around The Bend” a pastel drawing by Beth Ivens of Henderson, AR
Because this division had the smallest number and least diverse amount of entries, the judges chose only first, second, and third place division winners from the eight total entries.
- 1st Place: “Sunshine Plays” mixed media by Cindy Asberry of West Plains, MO
- 2nd Place: “Sunglass Reflections” oil painting by Margret Lohr of Hardy, AR
- 3rd Place: “Angel Fish” mixed media by Margret Lohr of Hardy, AR
Adult-Novice Division Entries
This division had the most entries in the competition, with a total of 34 paintings, 8 drawings, and 6 mixed media/other miscellaneous art entries, making the winning selections in this division especially difficult to choose due to the wide range of superb talent and technique.
- 1st Place: “Street Performer” Watercolor by Beth Ivens of Henderson, AR
- 2nd Place: “Spring Time” Acrylic Fluid Art by Deborah Lively of Mountain Home, AR
- 3rd Place: “Still Life: Tea Kettle And Pears” oil painting by Rhonda Richter of West Plains, MO
- Honorable Mentions: “Colors Of Fall” watercolor painting by Deborah Lively of Mountain Home, AR; “Onlooker” acrylic painting by August Earls of Thayer, MO; and “New Life Ahead” oil painting by Bonnie Heenan of Gassville, AR
- 1st Place: “Takin’ A Coffee Break” pastel drawing by Beth Ivens of Henderson, AR
- 2nd Place: “Summer Lights” pen & ink drawing by August Earls of Thayer, MO
- 3rd Place: “Country Roads” pastel drawing by Mark Wallen of Raymondville, MO
Miscellaneous Art Category:
- 1st Place: “Frankenstein’s Castle” mixed media by Donna K. Lay of West Plains, MO
- 2nd Place: “Covid Weary” mixed media by Donna K. Lay of West Plains, MO
- 3rd Place: “Home” screen printing by August Earls of Thayer, MO
Adult-Advanced Division Entries
Judge’s Favorite Picks:
Competition Judge Craig Grassle’s Selection: “Frankenstein’s Castle” by Donna K. Lay of West Plains, MO
Competition Judge Lee Copen’s Selection: “Around The Bend” by Beth Ivens of Henderson, AR
Competition Judge Vicki Warren-Martin’s Selection: “Street Cellist” by Beth Ivens of Henderson, AR
We want to thank all the artists who entered the competition for sharing their fabulous talents with us, the competition judges who donated their time and expertise to our cause, and our show sponsors:
The Law Office of Jacob Y. Garrett of West Plains, MO, and 1st Class Pest & Termite, LLC. of Alton, MO
* There will be an Artists’ Reception in the museum’s Hathcock Gallery from 4 pm to 6 pm on Saturday, November 18th where the public is invited to take in the show and cast their vote for the People’s Choice Award (which will be announced at the end of the reception) while also meeting the artists who participated in the show and enjoying a variety of light refreshments. This gallery show ends on Sunday, November 19, 2023. *